Chapter 2 Paragraph 3

Matthew 26:65-66
65 "Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, "He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy!
66 "What do you think?" They answered and said, "He is deserving of death."
.
Psalm 71:10-11
10 "For my enemies speak against me; and those who lie in wait for my life take counsel together,
11 "Saying, "God has forsaken him; pursue and take him, for there is none to deliver him."
.
Matthew 26:67
67 "Then they spat in His face and beat Him; and others struck Him with the palms of their hands."
.
Psalm 69:12-13
12 "Those who sit in the gate speak against me, and I am the song of the drunkards.
13 "But as for me, my prayer is to You, O LORD, in the acceptable time; O God, in the multitude of Your mercy, hear me in the truth of Your salvation."
.
Isaiah 50:5-6
5 "The Lord GOD has opened My ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away.
6 "I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting."
.
Luke 22:64-65
64 "And having blindfolded Him, they struck Him on the face and asked Him, saying, "Prophesy! Who is the one who struck You?"
65 "And many other things they blasphemously spoke against Him."
.
Psalm 35:15
15 "But in my adversity they rejoiced and gathered together; attackers gathered against me, and I did not know it; they tore at me and did not cease."