Chapter 4 Paragraph 3

Matthew 27:45
45 ‘Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land.’
.
Amos 8:9-10
9 "And it shall come to pass in that day," says the Lord GOD, "That I will make the sun go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in broad daylight;
10 ‘I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; I will bring sackcloth on every waist, and baldness on every head; I will make it like mourning for an only son, and its end like a bitter day.’

.
John 8:28
28 ‘Then Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.’
.
Isaiah 59:9-12
9 ‘Therefore justice is far from us, nor does righteousness overtake us; we look for light, but there is darkness! For brightness, but we walk in blackness!
10 ‘We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes; we stumble at noonday as at twilight; we are as dead men in desolate places.
11 ‘We all growl like bears, and moan sadly like doves; we look for justice, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far from us.
12 ‘For our transgressions are multiplied before You, and our sins testify against us; for our transgressions are with us, and as for our iniquities, we know them: