Prologue Paragraph 10
30. "Having received the piece of bread, he then went out immediately. And it was night."
18. "He is driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.
21. "Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him who does not know God."
6. "And if he comes to see me, he speaks lies; his heart gathers iniquity to itself; when he goes out, he tells it.
7. "All who hate me whisper together against me; against me they devise my hurt.
8. "‘An evil disease,’ they say, ‘clings to him. And now that he lies down, he will rise up no more’."
9. "Even my own familiar friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.
7. "Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths."
17. "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."
4. "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
10. "And I took my staff, Beauty, and cut it in two, that I might break the covenant which I had made with all the peoples.
11. "So it was broken on that day. Thus the poor of the flock, who were watching me, knew that it was the word of the LORD.
12. "Then I said to them, "If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain." So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.
13. "And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-- that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD for the potter."
28. "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."
8. "Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
9. "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
10. "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
11. "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
12. "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
13. In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
31. "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
32. "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD.
33. "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
34. "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
22. "And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission."
8. "And Moses took the blood, sprinkled it on the people, and said, "This is the blood of the covenant which the LORD has made with you according to all these words."
The Betrayal by Judas, and acceptance by the priests, marks the end of the Old Covenant (Zech 11:10-13). Immediately thereafter Jesus is able to say, "A New Covenant I make with you." See Hebrews 8:8-13.