Prologue Paragraph 8

Matt 26:18-20
18. "And He said, "Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, 'The Teacher says, "My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples."'"
19. "So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them; and they prepared the Passover.
20. "When evening had come, He sat down with the twelve."
.
Deut 16:16
16. "Three times a year all your males shall appear before the LORD your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles; and they shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed."
.
John 13:1
1. "Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end."
.
Dan 9:26
26. "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, and till the end of the war desolations are determined."
.
Heb 12:2
2. "looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
.
Ps 16:8-11
8. "I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
9. "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope.
10. "For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11. "You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
.
Isa 50:5-7
5. "The Lord GOD has opened My ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away.
6. "I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.
7. "For the Lord GOD will help Me; therefore I will not be disgraced; therefore I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed."
.
Luke 22:15
15. "Then He said to them, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;"
.
Ps 20:4-5
4. "May He grant you according to your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose.
5. "We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions."
.
John 13:1
1. "Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end."
.
Jer 31:3
3. "The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you."