Prologue Paragraph 2
19. "The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, "You see that you are accomplishing nothing. Look, the world has gone after Him!"
10. "For he knew that the chief priests had handed Him over because of envy."
45. "But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul."
1. "Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
2. "The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3. "Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast away Their cords from us."
44. "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?"
13. "Therefore the LORD said: "Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men."
13. "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in."
7. "For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, and people should seek the law from his mouth; for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.
8. "But you have departed from the way; you have caused many to stumble at the law. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi," says the LORD of hosts."
3. "Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
4. "and plotted to take Jesus by trickery and kill Him.
5. "But they said, "Not during the feast, lest there be an uproar among the people."
13. "In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
14. "Justice is turned back, and righteousness stands afar off; for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
15. "So truth fails, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. Then the LORD saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no justice."
6. "Then the Pharisees went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him."
7. "The days of punishment have come; the days of recompense have come. Israel knows! The prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is insane, because of the greatness of your iniquity and great enmity.
8. "The watchman of Ephraim is with my God; but the prophet is a fowler's snare in all his ways-- Enmity in the house of his God."
1. "LORD, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2. "Many are they who say of me, "There is no help for him in God." Selah."